Attention: Candidates Appearing in Entrance Exams
- Each candidate, must download his/her admit card from the college website.
- Candidates are required to report at the exam venue, thirty minutes prior to the commencement of the exams.
- Each candidate must bring with him/her a Black HB Pencil or a Black Ball Point Pen.
- Any candidate must not bring with him/her any electronic gadget or any written or printed material.
TO DOWNLOAD YOUR ADMIT CARD FOLLOW THE PROCEDURE GIVEN BELOW
- GO TO OUR WEBSITE
- CLICK ON THE ADMISSION LINK
- CLICK ON APPLICATION STATUS
- CLICK ON ADMIT CARD
- GIVE YOUR TRANSACTION ID
- PRINT ADMIT CARD
SCHEDULE OF ENTRANCE TEST EXAMINATION:2016
||8:30 A.M - 10:30 A.M
||12:30 P.M - 2:30 P.M
||8:30 A.M - 10:30 A.M
DATE OF ONLINE FORM FILLING EXTENDED TILL 16TH JULY, 2016
St. John’s College, Agra
Entrance Test Rules
- Admission to Bachelor of Arts (B.A. I), Bachelor of Science (B. Sc. I) and Bachelor of Commerce (B. Com I) for the academic session : 2016-2017 would be done through an entrance test. Appearance is admission test is mandatory and any student, who fails to appear in the entrance test, would not be considered for admission to the above-mentioned courses in the college.
- Application forms can be filled online at the College Website http://www.stjohnscollegeagra.in from 1st June to 30th June, 2016. Any change in the last date of filling the online forms would be notified on the college website. No candidate will be able to fill the form once the stipulated time for filling the forms is over.
- Candidates are advised to go through the “Online Prospectus” and “Entrance Test Rules” before filling the form online.
- A candidate, along with the admission form, would be required to upload the scanned copies of the mark sheets of Class 10th and 12th examinations, passport size photograph, certificate to validate their category claim and special documents/certificates to substantiate their claim for academic and special weightage points.
- Only the students, who have passed their qualifying examinations as regular students, will be eligible for admission. The students, who have passed their class 12th examination privately, shall not be eligible for admission. However students, who have passed their Class 12th examination from NOS will also be considered eligible for admission to undergraduate courses.
- The candidates, who have more than two years of gap in their study after passing the qualifying examination, will not be considered for admission.
- If a candidate wishes to apply for more than one course, he/she will have to apply separately for each course.
- Christian candidates must upload, alongwith their admission form, a scanned copy of their baptism/confirmation/Church membership certificate. Likewise candidates, who wish to be considered for reservation under OBC/SC/ST/PHcategories, would be required to upload a copy of their respective certificate.
- The date and time of Entrance Test for different faculties/groups and the date of declaration of the list of qualified candidates will be notified on the college website and College Notice Board.
- Candidates will be required to pay a prospectus fees of Rs 200/- online through the college website along with the online submission of the forms.The candidates can also avail the option of paying the “Prospectus Fee” through a Bank Challan, generated by the college website at St. John’s College, Agra branch of State Bank of Patiala. It can be also paid through a bank draft of Rs200/- favouring “St. John’s College, Agra”, which should be sent to the college through registered post.
- Digital prospectus can be downloaded from the college website while a hard copy of the college prospectus will be provided to each candidate immediately after the entrance exam.
- The admission merit list shall give 50% weightage to the marks scored in the entrance test and 50% weightage to the academic index, which shall be calculated on the basis ofmarks obtained in the 10th and 12th examinations. The special points shall be added as per the university rules.
- In the calculation of academic index, 50% of the aggregate percentage obtained in class 10th examination shall be taken into consideration, while 100% of the aggregate percentage obtained in class 12th examination will be taken into consideration.
- The merit shall be calculated on the basis of marks obtained by a candidate in the Entrance Test and the Academic Index. The special points shall be added to the final score, as per the university rules.
- The reservation shall be granted as follows:
i. All eligible Christian candidates up to 50% of seats in the course, as per the judgement of the Supreme Court reported in 1992Supreme Court Cases, page 558.
ii. If any seats in the above mentioned 50% quota remains unfilled, they shall be filled by the O.B.C., S.C., S. T., and P. H. candidates in the ratio of 27:21:2:3
iii. Remaining seats are on open merit, which in any case shall not be less than 50% of the total number of seats, keeping in view the Supreme Court judgement.
- The admit card for the entrance test can be directly downloaded from the college website three days before the date of entrance test. No candidate would be allowed to sit in the entrance examination without a valid admit card.
- On the scheduled day, the merit list of the candidates qualified for admission will be posted on the college website and the college notice board.
- The qualified candidates will be required to report for counselling, with the original copies of their academic mark sheets and other supporting documents, transfer certificate from the last attended institution, category certificate and the prescribed fee.The qualified candidate will also bring a set of self-attested photocopies of the above mentioned documents. The date and time of counselling would be notified through the college website and notice boards.
- Failure to bring any of the original documents for verification and transfer certificate on the day of counselling will result in the annulment of the candidate’s claim to admission and the opportunity will be given to the next candidate in the list.
- The qualified candidates are advised to reach the venue of the counselling, half an hour before the scheduled time. If the candidate fails to turn up at the prescribed time and date for admission, the opportunity will be given to the next one in the merit list and the candidate will forfeit his/her right of admission.
- The subjects will be allotted on the day of counselling as per merit and the availability of seats.
- The names of the finally admitted candidates will be put up on the college website and notice boards only after the payment of college fees.
- Any admission done or any candidate selected for admission by an inadvertence or oversight or on the basis of wrong or incomplete information provided by the candidate shall be cancelled and the candidate will have no claim in such a case.
- The college Principal retains the right to reject any qualified candidate at the time of counselling
Format of the Entrance Test
The questions in the entrance test would be in multiple choice choice format, and shall coverquestions related to Aptitude Test and General Awareness.
Special Points (Maximum 17 points). In any case, the total count of special points shall not be more than 17.
- For 1st prize in state level/national event 5 marks
- For 2ndprize in state level/national event 4 marks
- For 3rd prize in state level/national event 3 marks
- For participation in state level/national event 2 marks
- C certificate/ G-2 qualified cadets 8 marks
- B certificate/ G-1 qualified cadets 6 marks
- NCC cadets, who have worked for 240 hours and have participated in two camps but have not qualified any exam 3 marks
- NSS certificate holders 5 marks
- Spouses or unmarried Sons/daughters of serving/retired defence personnel 10 marks
- Husband/Wife/Son/daughter of any employee working in Dr B. R. Ambedkar University or any of its affiliated colleges 17 marks
- Son/daughter/widow of martyrs in Kargil “Operation Vijay” 17 marks
- Unmarried son/daughter/grandson/granddaughter of freedom fighters 5 marks
- Students, who have passed their class 12th examination with commerce subjects, will be awarded five extra marks, while making the merit list for admission to B. Com Part I